2017 Medal and Awards competition is now open!
The following medals are now open to receive nominations
• Pierre Chauveau Medal (humanities)
• Jason A Hannah Medal (publication in the history of medicine)
• Henry Marshall Tory Medal (astronomy chemistry, mathematics, physics, or an allied science)
• McLaughlin Medal (medical sciences)
• Miroslaw Romanowski Medal (environmental problems)
• Rutherford Memorial Medal (chemistry)
• Rutherford Memorial Medal (physics)
• Sir John William Dawson Medal (contributions of knowledge in multiple domains)
To access the guide on preparing a nomination click here
Nominations should be sent by email to email@example.com not later than March 1, 2017.
The nomination package (except for Jason A Hannah medal) must include the following items:
1. RSC Nomination form
2. Primary Nominator letter
3. Co-nominator letters (2)
4. Citation (70 words)
5. Detailed appraisal (1000 words)
6. Referee letters (3) maximum of 3 pages long + biographical sketches (approx. 250 words)
7. CV (maximum 20 pages)
* Candidates cannot apply on their own behalf.
* Candidates shall be Canadian citizens or have had status for at least three years as Canadian Permanent Residents at the time of their nomination.
Incomplete files will be rejected.
Winners will be contacted in late July.
The official announcement of successful candidates is released in late September (this information is embargoed until then).
Should you have any questions about the nomination process, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.